TuskenTower on 13 Oct 2006 14:20:24 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Myth TV, computer hardware store, and TV

All,
 I tried unsuccessfully to get the pcHDTV card to work over my cable
connection.  If you search the forums, you'll find varying degrees of
success where someone uses the stock tools and everything works and
others like me just end up wasting our time getting frustrated.  I
should mention that the previous owner used splitters all through the
finished attic which could be killing my cable signal.  I say "could"
be because Univision came in just fine while other broadcasts did not
work.  I don't intend on spending any more time on Comcast and it
seems that cable is more finicky than over the air.

 There is another card called the Air2PC 5000 which others are having
some luck with.  I'll post some more links tonight.  I was too tired
and frustrated to send anything out last night.  I did notice that the
AVSForum has a Linux HTPC group
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=76.

Amul