Rich G on 13 Oct 2006 16:34:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Myth TV, computer hardware store, and TV

This is interesting.  I have Cox cable and the HD channels (ATSC) and
the SD channels (NTSC) work fine.  What cable provider do you have?  Did
you use 256QAM?  64QAM? (I forget the nomenclature for these) Cox works
with 256QAM.

I was told there might be issues with getting the 3000 card to work with
both ATSC & NTSC.  Someone who was here to help me configure said that.
He was then truly surprised since it worked in my system - with 2 HD3000
cards.  Based on the incoming signal, I saw one HD-3000 card did in fact
provide both Analog & Digital signals - I did define two different
sources which may have been a help.

The only "surprise" in the pcHDTV cards is the need to manually place
the firmware files in the proper location (/lib/firmware on SLED 10).

I am finding it "fun" getting two HD3000 cards and one Hauppage PVR-350
to work.  I'm searching for the 350 firmware files and the MPEG init
file (that is the one I'm looking for now).  The _REAL_challenge will be
configuring things to work with a remote like the Tivo!!!

HTH

Rich