Art Alexion on 17 Oct 2006 12:29:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Domain "issue"

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:00, Ron Mansolino wrote:

> > I would like the domain but am not willing to spend morethan about $200
> > to $250 dollars to get it.
> >
> > Does anyone here have experience with these folks or others like them?
> >
> > Advice and/or recommendations appreciated :-)
>
> which registrar is it registered with now?
> I believe the domain registries can hold onto domains for a short period
> after they expire, maybe you can make a deal if the current owner lets it
> lapse. (In other words, cut this luser out and try to broker the deal
> yourself)

I'd skip the registrar, too, and try to make a deal with the current owner.
Other than its current customer, the registrar has no pecuniary interest in
who gets the domain, and won't offer any help
My sense is that either
1. the current owner is procrastinating and won't let it lapse,
2. the current owner no longer has any interest, was planning to let it lapse,
and is happy to make something from it, or
3. the current owner is, or is related to the guy who solicited you.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.
Info @