TuskenTower on 4 Nov 2006 17:11:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] First 24 hours with MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo)

On 11/4/06, W. Chris Shank <shankwc@acetechgroup.com> wrote:
I thought some folks may be interested in this since the laptop discussion
seemed to have a lot of interest.
Yes, some of us are. :)  You're making me drool BTW.

Display is beautiful. Backlit keyboard had me baffled for a while until I
figured out that a light sensor detected ambient light - so it's not even
activated unless it's dark.
I don't know if your laptop is better at sensing light or not, but you
may notice the backlight turing on occasionally which makes the keys
harder to read.

Gnome or KDE environment running on X11, I may forgo installing Linux all
together. I've got the apps I need and I'd rather not have to deal with dual
booting if I can avoid it.
If you don't mind plunking down the $80 for Parallels Desktop for Mac
you can get your Linux lovin sans the dual boot annoyances (and give
us a review :).

Overall, a pretty nice experience so far.
Battery life test please!

thanks,
Amul