Art Alexion on 21 Nov 2006 19:35:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] obvious (?) k3b question

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 12:25, Joseph B. Welsh wrote:
> Is this a video that you want to duplicate?

Not really.  These are mpegs that I want to assemble into a dvd that will play
on the regular dvd appliance. (My dvd appliance had never played a vcd)

> When I want to dupplicate a video DVD, I create an DVD Iso-image and
> select create image file only, than I use the burn dvd image to burn it.

What do you use to create the image and file hierarchy within that image?  Do
you use the dvdauthor program that Stephen mentioned?

> I have agrat success with dvd's 4.2gb and lower.  I have a dual layer
> burney=that suppossed to burn up to 8 gbs, but after it crosses the 4.2
> mark and burns to the second layer it doesn't seem to work in my regular
> DVD players.

I hope the 8 gb dual layer version works as a simple file backup to dvd-rw.

> If you need more specific info let me know

I am muddling through the dvdauthor docs.  Stephen is right that it is clunky.
At some level it assumes that you have done before.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @