Art Alexion on 10 Jan 2007 16:44:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Compaq bios boot order setting

On Saturday 06 January 2007 10:20, Tim Cwik wrote:
> On 2007.01.05 21:29, Art Alexion wrote:
> > I am trying to help a friend set up a new Compaq over the phone.  I can't
> > see
> > his bios setup screens.

> > When he took it home and started it, it wants to boot from the IDE drive
> > first, thus booting his old OS tuned for incompatible hardware.
> >
> > As he reads the bios screens to me, it seems he can change the boot
> > sequence
> > among the "floppy group", the "CD-Rom group" and the "HDD group", but he
> > can't
> > find a setting to change the sequence within these groups.

> The is usually a way to select the group, perhaps with right arrow or
> enter when the group is highlighted and then change the order of members
> of the group. This lets you put ide-0, ide-1, etc in the order you want
> them.

That's what I was thinking, but he said "no" as I talked him through it over
the phone.  I am going to have to go over there and take a look myself.  I
was hoping someone might have had to deal with this on a Compaq recently.

Thanks for the help.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @