Tim Cwik on 6 Jan 2007 15:20:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Compaq bios boot order setting

On 2007.01.05 21:29, Art Alexion wrote:
I am trying to help a friend set up a new Compaq over the phone.  I can't
see
his bios setup screens.

When he took it home and started it, it wants to boot from the IDE drive
first, thus booting his old OS tuned for incompatible hardware.

As he reads the bios screens to me, it seems he can change the boot
sequence
among the "floppy group", the "CD-Rom group" and the "HDD group", but he
can
find a setting to change the sequence within these groups.

The is usually a way to select the group, perhaps with right arrow or enter when the group is highlighted and then change the order of members of the group. This lets you put ide-0, ide-1, etc in the order you want them.

-- Tim Cwik tcwik@stnhbr.com spamtrap: tjc123@stnhbr.com Voice: 609-368-2482 Fax: 609-368-3695