Art Alexion on 10 Jan 2007 16:43:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Compaq bios boot order setting

On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:24, Bob Heise wrote:
> fredag 05 januari 2007 21:39 skrev Stephen Gran:
> > If the bootloader on the IDE drive is reasonably clever, it might be
> > simplest to just set up a default chainloader entry, that then hands off
> > booting to the other drive.
>
> I agree, this should be possible. On my desktop I have /boot on /dev/hdd4
> and grub, which is installed on the MBR of /dev/hda points at it. As long
> as both drives are in the boot list it should work, the order at this point
> doesn't matter since grub is doing the dirty work.

Uh, the OS involved does not use grub or lilo by default, hence the reason for
OT in the subject.  The friend involved is freaked out enough by the
ubiquitous OS -- giving him choices would lead to dangerous mental
instability. :-)

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @