Bob Heise on 6 Jan 2007 17:42:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Compaq bios boot order setting

fredag 05 januari 2007 21:39 skrev Stephen Gran:
> If the bootloader on the IDE drive is reasonably clever, it might be
> simplest to just set up a default chainloader entry, that then hands off
> booting to the other drive.

I agree, this should be possible. On my desktop I have /boot on /dev/hdd4 and
grub, which is installed on the MBR of /dev/hda points at it. As long as both
drives are in the boot list it should work, the order at this point doesn't
matter since grub is doing the dirty work.

-Bob