jeff on 14 Jan 2007 21:04:06 -0000

[PLUG] where do dey go-thanks

Thanks to everyone for your assistance on the mount dir question.
I knew it was going to be one of those DUH moments for me ;)

In other news, I'm part of the interviewing team for what could be my new boss. I figure it's in my best interest to have some say, plus I'm the only person with decent technical abilities at work.

My favorite part of the interview is the look on their faces when I mention the Total Linux Desktop Rollout Project. One guy shook his head then brightened up because he figured he could learn something. One guy looked horribly shocked. The other interviewers learned to humor me a long time ago (kinda like my wife).

One of them is CIO. He fails to get the benefit. My old boss used to turn green. For April Fools Day, I booted his computer from a Knoppix disk and told him we installed it permanently (over his XP).

Mind you, the COO and CFO's eyes opened brightly when I said FREE OPERATING SYSTEM. They wanted to know all about it. Heh heh. I told them their network monitoring systems were running on it.

I'm gonna shoehorn linux in there somehow. I was thinking about doing up a desktop or three to look like the Redmond Menace. Maybe a minor file server or something. So long as the Great Unwashed can access their spreadsheets and surf the web (don't ask me why, but nudeafrica.com comes up a lot in the stats), they should be ok.

your in open source, jeff ___________________________________________________________________________ Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug