Jonathan Bringhurst on 20 Feb 2007 18:46:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

You can report this to the Department of Public Property. Basically
there are laws preventing you from being put on hold for too long,
being lied to, etc. Just go to
<http://www.phila.gov/property/cable.html> and file a complaint.
They'll get back to you within a day or two. Their response is really
effective and they have a great amount of control over Comcast.
Someone I know had a problem with a $600 bill with no line items, so
the Public Property Dept called up Comcast and got the bill to $0
within a week. Just tell them that you were told that you would get
unlimited bandwidth and they canceled your account because you used
too much bandwidth. Most likely you'll get a refund the period your
service got cut off. Good luck.

-Jon