Alex Launi on 28 Feb 2007 15:12:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Evolution vs. Thunderbird

Yes they were sharing the same profile, so plugins, mailboxes, messages
were in both windows and ubuntu. It was a very handy set up. I did it by
creating a fat32 partition, although i suppose you could use ntfs-3g and
the ext3 windows driver to accomplish the same thing. Copy your t-bird
profile to that fat32 parition, then edit your
profiles.ini /home/you/.mozilla-thunderbird/profiles.ini to the location
of your new profile folder and change is relative to 0 (or 1, the
opposite of whatever it starts at; I'm still using evolution for now so
I forget which is the deault value). You also have to change your fstab
so that you are the owner of that partition, just change the uid and gid
in fstab for that partition to your own. Yon can do the same for firefox
to have your bookmarks in both. I think that's it. If you get errors
about thunderbird/firefox already running check that your partition is
mounted with you as the owner and your path is correct in profiles.ini.
You'll need to edit the profiles .ini in both windows and linux. in
windows it's under application data. good luck! if you need any help
with it I'm here and I'm sure its on a forum somewhere.
--Alex Launi