Al Vazquez on 24 Apr 2007 16:06:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] June talk on Erlang?

  • From: "Al Vazquez" <al.vazquez@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] June talk on Erlang?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:06:24 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=Lmztfoe0LwDcsWhCzYviMJheSROoBUuWLLl3AGxfd/Lj6m8mXwW0c1jFwaumMq53e503J3fPasvHqog47aoxUmcih6oOsK5YMaAMmQOSnULgGnZI+eVHIG8STAhzD0XqQ0uiWmj2NFSAftIML4uYBeaBM7poPJNvtlrwjEoYBBI=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

On 4/24/07, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:58:48AM -0400, Kyle R. Burton wrote:
> Where are you in the area?  I have not found many people with a high degree
> of curiosity about different programming languages (most people are content
> to just learn and use 1 language).  I've been working at learning different
> languages to force myself to learn different paradigms, to force myself to
> think differently about problems.

I work in the Conshy/PM area.

I also work and live in Conshohocken/Plymouth Meeting.

> Would you be up for talking more about what you're reading and trying out?

Oh yeah. That's definitely something I'm interested in. What do you have
in mind?

--
Toby DiPasquale

I, too, am of an exploratory mind having worked professionally in PHP, VB.Net, JavaScript, and perl. I have also done some maintenance in Python, and was educated in C and Java.

I'm definitely interested in learning Erlang, but if there's gonna be
something else going down in this area I'd love to be a part of it.

--
Al