Al Vazquez on 24 Apr 2007 16:06:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] June talk on Erlang?

  • From: "Al Vazquez" <>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] June talk on Erlang?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:06:24 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=Lmztfoe0LwDcsWhCzYviMJheSROoBUuWLLl3AGxfd/Lj6m8mXwW0c1jFwaumMq53e503J3fPasvHqog47aoxUmcih6oOsK5YMaAMmQOSnULgGnZI+eVHIG8STAhzD0XqQ0uiWmj2NFSAftIML4uYBeaBM7poPJNvtlrwjEoYBBI=
  • Sender:

On 4/24/07, Toby DiPasquale <> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:58:48AM -0400, Kyle R. Burton wrote:
> Where are you in the area?  I have not found many people with a high degree
> of curiosity about different programming languages (most people are content
> to just learn and use 1 language).  I've been working at learning different
> languages to force myself to learn different paradigms, to force myself to
> think differently about problems.

I work in the Conshy/PM area.

I also work and live in Conshohocken/Plymouth Meeting.

> Would you be up for talking more about what you're reading and trying out?

Oh yeah. That's definitely something I'm interested in. What do you have
in mind?

Toby DiPasquale

I, too, am of an exploratory mind having worked professionally in PHP, VB.Net, JavaScript, and perl. I have also done some maintenance in Python, and was educated in C and Java.

I'm definitely interested in learning Erlang, but if there's gonna be
something else going down in this area I'd love to be a part of it.