sean finney on 17 May 2007 18:48:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Long Commute?

hi mag,

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 14:34 -0400, Mag Gam wrote:
> I was thinking of:
> Commuting to 30th Street Station
> Take the R7 Train to Trenton
> Take a NJ Transit Train from Trenton to Penn Station
>
> Any thoughts about that? Or How much that would even cost? According
> to their websites (ie Septa, and NJ Transit), I will be paying around
> $400 a month on transportation...

iirc this method was about $30 one way, which is still a pretty nice
bargain compared to amtrack.  plus, you can probably get some kind of
frequent traveller pass to lower the costs a bit more.

now if you're *really* lookin to save some cash, you can take the
chinatown busses (the leave from near market/east and go to canal st. in
nyc).  i believe with them it's $10-12 one way, and was my preferred
mode of transport back in the student days.

	sean