Mike Cahill on 25 May 2007 18:16:16 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Search firms for linux gearheads?

Darren,

I'd recommend TekSystems (http://www.teksystems.com/).  This is the recruiting firm that placed me with my current job.  The specialize in IT staffing.

Mike Cahill

----- Original Message -----
From: Darren Nickerson [mailto:darren.nickerson@ifax.com]
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:01:14 -0400
Subject: [PLUG] Search firms for linux gearheads?

Folks,

Our company has been searching for a junior linux enthusiast for about a
year now, have even posted the job here on PLUG and haven't really seen much
interest. Our company works with Asterisk (www.asterisk.org) and HylaFAX
(www.hylafax.org) software and related hardware, and the work is really
quite interesting (at least if you're a phone/fax geek like me). We're
looking for someone relatively junior (fresh out of college would be great)
who's interested in learning a great deal about fax and VoIP technologies.
The position will be partly engineering, partly tech support. Some of the
support would be after-sales support for our online store at
www.telephonydepot.com, the rest would be for our fax customers.

Thus far, I've tapped out my personal network, and posted to PLUG and
Craigslist without seeing much interest. I need to take this search to the
next level. Can anyone recommend a good recruiting/staffing company that
specializes in IT resources? I can't bring myself to drink from the firehose
that a posting on monster or any of the other big job boards would bring ..
I've considered the Judge Group, but figure people here might have had
experiences with more industry-specific firms ....

Any advice greatly appreciated!

-Darren