JP Vossen on 16 Jun 2007 00:47:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] UPS choice

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com>
Subject: [PLUG] UPS choice
To: Phila Linux Users Group <PLUG@lists.phillylinux.org>

I need to put a UPS on my new system. I have purchased APC smart 700's in
the past. They were serial interface. Since my new system does not have a
native serial interface I thought I would get a new smart 700 with USB
interface. Anyonw running the older APC's with a USB to serial converter
or an APC with USB interface?

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but it's relevant. I've bought my last few UPSs from http://www.refurbups.com/ and have been *very* happy. They ship very quickly, pack very well and are much cheaper than new units (they do have new batteries). I am affiliated with them only as a happy customer for a few years...

Later,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.