schwepes on 17 Jul 2007 15:55:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] aKademy 2008, The Philadelphia Konvention?

Also, we found when hawking Millenium Philcon that having a major
restaurant district, Chinatown, abutting the convention center was
a good selling point.  It is also useful to provide tourist info as
those going abroad will frequently mix the convention with a vacation.
This should include night clubs both in walking and easy cab range.
One problem was in 2001, the unions at the convention center.  You
have to negotiate with them and it would be best to use union members
on your staff to do the negotiating as to the demarcation between what
they do and what your volunteers do.
I think you see this is stream of consciousness.
Anyway, what are the other cities in contention?
bs