Art Alexion on 10 Sep 2007 17:01:43 -0000

[PLUG] Today's Kubuntu Gutsy updates broke my display

I can't do a screen shot because that doesn't show the problem.  After running
the daily updates via aptitude and rebooting (there was a kernel update) a
horizontal black band, approximately 1/6 of my screen in vertical height,
running the full width of my screen obscures my work space.  I tried poking
around in xorg.conf, but I'm not sure what to change.

Hardware is Intel i810 video chipset and a Dell 4:3 flatscreen monitor which
likes 1280x1024 60hz

If this isn't clear, I can do a screen shot and paint the black band with the
Gimp.

The mouse disappears in the black band. There is no problem with the other
character based ttys.  Knoppix boot disc does not display the band.

I don't think this is relevant, but the monitor/keyboard/mouse is connected to
a kvm with this kubuntu gutsy box, an xubuntu feisty box and a win XP box.
All working fine except this one.  Please help.