Chad Waters on 10 Sep 2007 17:14:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Today's Kubuntu Gutsy updates broke my display

On 9/10/07, Art Alexion  wrote:
> I can't do a screen shot because that doesn't show the problem.  After running
> the daily updates via aptitude and rebooting (there was a kernel update) a
> horizontal black band, approximately 1/6 of my screen in vertical height,
> running the full width of my screen obscures my work space.  I tried poking
> around in xorg.conf, but I'm not sure what to change.

See what happens after renaming xorg.conf and restarting X (or
rebooting). X will autoconfigure itself without a conf. KVMs can be
trouble, but its worth a shot.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebuggingXAutoconfiguration