Art Alexion on 4 Oct 2007 17:51:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] stick shift?

On Thursday 04 October 2007 10:52:11 Eric wrote:
> My last trip to Chicago this spring we took the Camry and pretty much "had
> our foot in it" the whole way.  We averaged better than 34 mpg.  At $3+ per
> gallon of fuel that was *sweet*.

Except when it rains, I drive a 1978 Honda Express to work.  It has no
transmission (well technically a front and rear sprocket constitute a
transmission, but it has only one speed) and gets about 100 MPG with Shell,
80 MPG with Sunoco, and doesn't like to start with Lukoil.  The Valero across
from where I work sells 100 octane "racing fuel" for ~$4.50/gal.  Since my
tank only holds 2 L., I can fill it for a little more than $2.  I am curious
how it would run on that.