Art Alexion on 4 Oct 2007 17:54:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Survey: who drives a stick shift?

On Thursday 04 October 2007 10:30:48 Austin Murphy wrote:
> Why is it you can get a toyota camry, honda accord, or a nissan maxima
> with a stick, but not a ford taurus or a dodge charger?   It's
> pathetic.  Everything is aimed at the lowest common denominator.

See my comment about EPA testing.  Since Toyata can sell a lot of manuals
outside the US, it makes economic sense to produce them.  Since relatively
fewer Tauruses are sold outside the US, and the US market for stick is tiny,
the economics dictate not making them.