Art Alexion on 4 Oct 2007 21:44:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What list is this again?

On Thursday 04 October 2007 14:28:45 Chad Waters wrote:
> Ubuntu 7.10

Been using it over a month.  Nice with few problem bugs.  It seems to be the
way to go if you want to use Linux in an MS environment.

This version of evolution (2.12) seems really close to getting it right -- it
has better OSS attributes in that it is much more efficient and light weight,
while better integration with an exchange server, and they even coded hooks
to pinentry for us KDE users because the gnome passphrase entry dialog popped
under the message window (I argued that this was a security issue because it
resulted in inadvertent typing of the passphrase into the body of the email.)

Nice improvements to hal and dbus.

And once I used the suggested sadms, I am well integrated into the domain
here.

Seems like tons of other goodies for gnome users, but I am not one so I can't
comment.