Art Alexion on 5 Oct 2007 15:50:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What list is this again?

On Thursday 04 October 2007 18:05:06 Brent Saner wrote:
> I ended up just using IMAP with THunderbird too.

If it matters, you can use kmail with IMAP and then korganizer with caldav for
your calendar, and LDAP on kabc for your address list ... all wrapped into
Kontact.  T-bird has its benefits, but if you want a full featured PIM, the
Kontact solution is something you should consider.

As for kontact vs. evolution, kontact is modular, so you can configure it to
use only the features you want.  If you just want mail, address and calendar,
you can do that.  If you want to add things not available in evo, like an RSS
reader and a news reader, you can.  I find basket invaluable.