Matt Mossholder on 5 Oct 2007 18:54:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] HDHomeRun and Comcast Pre-liminary Report

Other channels are there, but they do not correspond to anything that
> comes through with Schedules Direct's listings (the HD channels didn't
> get their listing from SD either).

You need to use the Frontend Channel Editor to get this working... "e" key on your front end, while in LiveTV... this will let you enter the callsign or channel number for the channel, and then you can hit "p" to have it use that to get the appropriate xmltvid from the DB. After that you will get all the appropriate schedules.

> I did a quick run through of what
> channels came up with both MythTV and my HDTV.  For the most part the
> scanned channels exist.  Some channels were either scrambled,
> non-existent or snow (in two cases).  The HDTV actually picked up a
> few more channels than the HDHomeRun.

The scrambled, nonexistent or snow channels may be encrypted.  The other channels might be other people in your neighborhood watching pay-per-view... those channels will pop in-and-out of existence based on people using Comcast On Demand. You will find them if you do a channel scan, but they are gone once the program completes.

          --Matt