gabriel rosenkoetter on 5 Oct 2007 23:18:46 -0000

nothing to do with: Re: [PLUG] Verizon FIOS & open wireless

At 2007-10-03 00:28 -0400, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net> wrote:
> You must not have been with them back in 2001. When the Trades
> went down my SLA 1.5/1.5 SDSL line dropped to  <128k/128k.  They
> expected me to stay with them. I had to fight them up and down until
> they finally gave up the ghost. Went with XO had no problems even
> through their bankruptcy.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Speakeasy. My
experience with them differed from yours through two installed
locations and 9 years. They're the best bandwidth provider I've ever
dealt with, privately or professionally, and I have dealt with more
than a few in each case.

> Look you seem like a very intelligent person Gabe, I have but two
> words for you; spell checker, please.  All those red lines hurt my
> eyes :).

I'm tolerant of your failure to end lines at a reasonable character
width (< 80) and I avoided singling you out over tofu email when I
most recently mentioned it in passing, but I refuse to take even
joking responsibility because you've chosen to use an MUA that
irritates you and then bitch at me over it.

I don't use spell-checkers because they're unreliable (valid, but
wrong, word). I've been a bit lax in my proof-reading lately, but I
count... zero misspellings in the text you quote, which I'll
replicate here for reference:

>   Again I do, as I have often before, recommend Speakeasy. I am, much
>   to my irritation, no longer a customer, as Covad doesn't service the
>   CO at my new address, but they have an explicit policy on sharing
>   Internet connections they provide, which runs roughly like this:
>   "please do, and tell us about it so that we can publicise its
>   location to other Speakeasy customers".

What do you believe that I misspelled there? (Or did you accept
corrections on it, rather than simplying removing the unnecessarily
quoted text?)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net