gabriel rosenkoetter on 10 Oct 2007 19:20:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Mac OS X question

At 2007-10-10 04:37 -0400, zuzu <sean.zuzu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think the official Apple specifications are the issue so much
> as the lack of available 4GB SO-DIMMs.  I'd give at least 50/50 odds
> that the Santa Rosa MacBook Pro can address more than 4GB (as it is a
> truly 64-bit system, unlike previously when the C2D was dropped inside
> a Core Duo intended motherboard -- compatible but unaware of the
> 64-bit addressing instructions of the Core 2 Duo).

You're entitled to your opinion, and when you show me the white
papers with the supporting evidence that SO-DIMMs that large fit
within the power and space constraints of the MacBook, I will agree
with you.

> try Firefox -- especially Firefox rather than Camino -- with 200+ tabs,

I was presenting an example. I've no interest in a size comparison.

It does sound like your memory needs are rather great, but I do not
think that they are those of the average user, even a power user.

> ok, thought so.  I was being too lazy to google.

Aha. It's good that you admit it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net