Art Alexion on 17 Oct 2007 21:01:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] which way to go to run winxp apps in linux

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 18:19:32 James Barrett wrote:
> Setting up a samba share on the host machine goes a long way if you have a
> Windows VM. ÂSave files directly to the share and you will have access to
> them from both the host and the guest.

This is what kinda killed VMware for me.  The server wanted to install its own
smb.conf.  It did not offer a backup of mine or any of the usual install
alternatives.  I chose not to do it as I did not want to hose a working samba
system.  That killed file and clipboard sharing.  Without that, I might as
well be running windows on a separate box with greater efficiency.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @