Matthew Rosewarne on 20 Oct 2007 00:40:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Xen and the art of server maintenance

On Friday 19 October 2007, Eric wrote:
> Based on the list of tasks/services that you list and your description of
> the use as "small business" I'd recommend SME Server (except for Asterisk).
>  It's a simple Linux distro that is designed to be set up and configured
> quickly and easily and maintenance is simple.  It's based on CentOS - a
> free version of Red Hat Enterprise Server and it uses a web interface for
> configuration.  Is this server to also handle Internet access, firewall and
> DHCP server?  That's built in and it's all easy to get running.

I was toying with the idea of using SME Server (or a similar distro), but I
haven't had much luck with RedHat-based distros.  Is there a Debianish way to
achieve a similar result (comprehensive web-panel, "user-friendly"
maintenance)?