Toby DiPasquale on 25 Oct 2007 13:54:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT OSX Leopard v10.5

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 01:40:12PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 07:26:30AM -0400, Toby DiPasquale said:
> > Apple is a hardware company, after all, not a software company.
>
> Intel chips?

iPods, Mac computers, the iPhone, etc. Note that the software they sell is
generally sold at what is almost certainly a loss (with the exception of
the Pro Tools stuff).

> > Also, if Free Software cares so much about copyright, then its
> > proponents can't really get upset when others enforce their own
> > copyrights, as the GPL-bangers are just dying to get the chance to do
> > one day.
>
> I must be misunderstanding you.  You think that disliking copyrights
> that restrict access to source code means that you can't be upset when
> those same copyrights are enforced?  Does that make any sense?

I think that if you like copyrights to enforce your agenda, you can't get
pissed when someone else uses copyrights to enforce theirs.

--
Toby DiPasquale