Malcolm J Harwood on 27 Oct 2007 12:25:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] non-nerdy ... keep

> Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> > I've hit the exact same wall.  I would expect the reason there aren't
> > easy-to-use backup programs is the relative lack of use of Linux by
> > non-technical desktop users.

Mandriva has a graphical config tool for at least one backup system that seems
simple enough. (It's in the control panel, or 'drakbackup' from the command
line). It's got Mandriva's usual "wizard" and "expert" interfaces, the wizard
form is something a non-technical user could use.

cf. http://linux.techteam.gr/docs/mandrake/9.2/drakbackup.html for an example
of usage.