Art Alexion on 14 Nov 2007 19:41:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] drive testing

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 12:52:06 Brent Saner wrote:
> or, and i can vouch for this for all the customer service interaction type
> jobs i've been in, they just don't care enough to actually use the
> brainpower they have to skip ahead. :)
>
> but yeah, most likely they have someone following a script (which doesn't
> make sense. i think there's plenty of geeks to hire instead of people with
> limited analyzing ability).
>
> On Nov 14, 2007 12:46 PM, Alex Launi <alex.launi@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not even that, there's nothing stopping them from skipping part of the
> script to help you. I really think they just don't get it. If they got it,
> then they would realize, "This is what I would normally do, but that's not
> going to fit this situation, but this part of my script is still
> applicable, so I will skip to there." But that's not what happens.
> Generally.

Its a script PLUS they aren't allowed, because their employers don't pay
enough to hire people whose judgment they trust.  Even if they get someone
who does have brainpower and judgment, they still have to follow the script
because they don't trust the managers to identify the bright people they are
lucky enough to have.