Brent Saner on 26 Nov 2007 21:35:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Poll! editors (and possibly me burning at the stake)

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Poll! editors (and possibly me burning at the stake)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:35:23 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=k8r2oLAC7MZdl9/9hJaEL72PCr5jLzCNLbv89ecv6xY=; b=mTt/LyblAbEctHEwgimKNU79vVJcvRQryjkOYDVZTGBffXPwXOukx7WyYLlz1F+yMJUIz8rFUrbOSNt2eGvQKlXkZbl+cv7Zt7lj9FShUNuGcCuGeTzPFz2h2MyCS+TOSlYcqEuYS4nnxHKKSxSqZm+A1V5ILAO0iAIbwXBUrrU=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

have you heard of Win32Pad? it's another notepad replacement. if i'm in windows, it's my necessity. line numbering, minimize to try, and yet still clean and minimal.

but yeah, i'm currently a nano user. i just think it would be nice to know an editor with a little more power if i should ever want/need it, you know?

also, there is no "skip to last line" shortcut in nano. at least none that i'm aware of..

i also like mcedit, the GNU Midnight Commander editor. i have no idea WHY, but it touches me in a special way. hehe