Steve Morgan on 14 Dec 2007 14:13:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] AV software for Linux

  • From: "Steve Morgan" <stevem.firefly@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] AV software for Linux
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:13:06 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=bShFxMvTTbwnCbTr6lwuA1nimYoxd6KAp5oNt08MF5Y=; b=Kh5q/3E5D7C1DJDvn1Zf4b0UoT00S9Gt20RB2BgRMFOkTgyXXyEx+8ZIrl0eKdAHwml0D4pJEJJwVjWqiql6xjo/cjERW4PkxEzP/LotolvGVbPz3gpPnBvsNagK7gr0dvkCrVZZV5ewajrmGl/YSjXh6bjOMZLfwrAjnEo5wgc=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

> Which is a reason not to use sudo.

No, still use sudo.  You can set up the sudoers file in two different
ways:  A) the user can type in sudo <command> and it gets executed
right away (like how it is set up default in Ubuntu), or B) the user
can type in sudo <command> and it will prompt for their own password
before execution.  The theoretical virii will have no idea what the
user's own password is and therefore would not be able to execute the
command.  Do indeed use sudo, but have it require their password to
execute anything when attempting to execute a command with sudo.

Steve Morgan