Carl Gustafson on 8 Jan 2008 16:51:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Config Files (Was: Sharing an Internet Connection)

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 07:44:28PM -0500, Alex Launi wrote:
> Why? I personally love config files. What would you prefer? The registry?
> Who else hates config files?

I also have a preference for config files. Makes it easy to set things up, and have one system behave pretty much like
another. In their essence, config files are no different from preferences files found on some systems, but with the added
advantage of generally being user-modifiable. The only problem with them, as far as I can see, is figuring out the sometimes
obscure syntax used in them.

Carl "got a Mutt config file" Gustafson