Floyd Johnson on 12 Jan 2008 04:26:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast & Mail Servers

Matt Mossholder writes:
> I'll consider keeping my mail off-site sometime after the government
> agrees that they can't snoop it at their leisure. They currently think
> they have the right to grab your email any time it is stored.
>
> http://www.switched.com/2007/11/05/the-us-government-wants-to-read-your-e-mail-without-a-warrant/
>
> I can NOT have them intercepting my mailing lists, inbound spam, and
> book club notifications  :)

I am giving thought to writing both Senators (they use Web forms rather
than actual e-mail addresses) to ask a full accounting for this matter,
calling it "yet another assault on the US Constitution and the American
way of life" (tm?) or using other inflammatories like "Stalin's
playbook" or "policies and procedures straight outta Beijing". It will
take me a while to be able to put together anything intelligent, but
those of you with the knowledge and charisma *MIGHT* do well to organize
a petition of some sort.