darin strait on 17 Jan 2008 15:08:20 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Need a domain servicer ...

On a similar, but slighly different topic:

Has anyone attempted and/or managed to get a www cname associated with a web page on GAFYD?

I'm about to give this a bash and I was hoping that someone could cut down my research time.

-- d

On 1/16/08, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
On 1/16/08, Fred Stluka <fred@bristle.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Network Solutions will do it for you, and give you a Web interface
> to manage the DNS records yourself.

Huh. Didn't even think about that ... I definitely need a nap. :-)
I'll have to go dig out my NetSol info and log in and change that ...

> That's what I do ever since I got tired of running my own DNS server
> SMTP servers and being unfindable when the DSL line to my server was
> down.  I pushed both services to Network Solutions, and now get much
> better uptime.

Yeah, what with Google Apps now being my email server (and web server,
altho I have no use for one, personally, right now), all I really need
is the DNS, so I can continue my little vanity domain name. :-)