TuskenTower on 25 Jan 2008 08:45:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Macbook question

On Jan 24, 2008 12:45 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen
<kristian.hermansen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 6:56 AM, TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mag,
> > Check out NewEgg for the reviews on RAM.  I paid $150 to upgrade my
> > iMac to 4GB.  I bought my RAM based on the reviews there.  Also, check
> > out DealMac.com's sister site DealRam.com.  They have RAM specifically
> > marked for Macs in their deals.
>
> The link I sent was specifically for MAC RAM.  Newegg has their own
> section for that...
> --

I told him to read the reviews.  DealRam is a deals website not a
place to buy RAM.  The operators started off as a Mac specific site.
So they do a fine job of making sure things work on a Mac before they
list it.

Granted Macs use Intel hardware now, but previously Mac owners had to
take extra steps to find RAM that would work.  Consider that a little
left over brain damage.

Amul