Joe Terranova on 2 Mar 2008 13:47:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Hosting Mediawiki

Dreamhost is rather cheap, and has a lot of great features. It's also
completely load balanced -- different servers for shell, email, mysql
and web. Good uptime, handles load well, gives a ridiculous amount of
bandwidth and space.

They also have one-click installs. You pick a domain you've added, and
you can install from a list of software -- wordpress, phpbb, Joomla,
and, of course, Mediawiki. With a one-click install, it takes one
click to install, and one click every time you want to upgrade. That's
it.

This link will give you a discount on their hosting plans -- $25 the
first month for a monthly plan, or $50 for a yearly or 2 year.
(Caveat: I /also/ get $45 off my bill, but $50 is the max discount
anyone can give you when you join)

http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?278939|JOECOTOFFER

If you want to install it manually on a host like 1and1.com, the
manual install is rather easy itself. Details here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installation_guide

Cheers,
Joe Terranova