jeff on 22 Mar 2008 17:03:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] the dreaded Wireless Monster<tm>

Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> The SSID not being broadcasted IMHO isn't that important. It's still there and only a minor obstacle to people trying to connect to your network.

speaking strictly for me (and I am unanimous in that), this is but one
step of many I use for whatever security I can put together.

> I'm not trying to be personal here

Rant on, brother :)

> Your problem lies in the the awful ndiswrapper. I recommend either getting a known compatible PC-Card, Express Card, or order your self a replacement Intel 3945

I'm pretty sure the 3945 was in the last laptop.  I get your drift, thanks.

> If the laptop is new within the first 30 days return it as Dell has a no questions asked

Thanks - I'm a commercial customer.
They're not as nice to me as they should be, but they're ok :)