Stephen Gran on 8 Apr 2008 17:56:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Comcast is Messing with My DNS

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:29:19PM -0400, George A. Theall said:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 04:33:08PM -0400, Casey Bralla wrote:
>
> > I can understand filter
> > the eMail port, since this is an anti-spam action, but this is all starting to get
> > old.
>
> I wonder if they're doing this to try to combat botnets that use Double
> FastFlux, where machines can act not only as web servers hosting
> malicious content but also DNS servers for the associated domains.

Yes, I think so.  It's a bit of a pain for people on comcast, but these
days it may be the only responsible thing for an ISP to do.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Madness has no purpose.  Or reason.     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | But it may have a goal.   -- Spock,     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | "The Alternative Factor", stardate      |
|                                | 3088.7                                  |