Brian Vagnoni on 10 Apr 2008 14:42:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ponderings on email servers, procmail, and ipod

I'm curious how others have handled this and what thoughts this
arouses from other nerdly folk who like the flexibility of having
their own server but contemplate doing other things with their free
time than managing a server.

--
Jeff

I personally use Kerio which is a pay for product and I don't spend any time managing it. Running on OSX or Linux I rarely ever have to reboot. Aside from installing the ocasional update that's about it. It has built in push to my WM6 device so I don't rely on the ISP except for service. It does a pretty good job of SPAM, but then I'm not anal about it either. That's what the delete key is for and I get quite a bit of mail. I don't feel the need to read every message my eyes are the best anti-spam device that I own.

Brian Vagnoni
PGP Digital Fingerprint
F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955