Ugarit Ebla on 25 Jun 2008 10:49:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux-compatible personal audio players?

I also have one and I highly recommend it.  What I like about it is that it's a file system that's simply mounted and hence I can rsync my music/videos to it.

I do wish there was a way to have a password screen locking capability and a place to put contact info, however.

Tim Allen wrote:
I can not express strongly enough how much I love Archos devices.I had
a Gmini 402 which my wife now uses when I upgraded to the 605 wifi 160
gig - the most amazingly player I've seen. It appears as a usb hard
drive, with easy drag and drop, and a 800x480 pixel touch screen on
the device (great for wifi opera web surfing). Cheaper than an iPod at
$360, and with the amazing docking station and remote control, you can
play any videos on your TV via hi-def connection, and it can also
record as a DVR. Downside? Not as sexy as an iPod and too heavy to jog
with, but they also offer lightweight options.

All Archos devices are 100% DRM free.

Regards,

Tim