Greg Lopp on 13 Aug 2008 07:57:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Watching Olympic martial arts online in Linux?

Saw this this morning on Lifehacker : http://waxy.org/2008/08/pirating_the_olympics_then_and_now/

Seems bittorrent may be the answer

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Floyd Johnson <fljohnson3@isp.com> wrote:
Dear PLUGgers,

It seems that NBC has "gatekeeper" code that checks your user agent, so
as to prevent Linux users (I'm Fedora 7, Firefox 2.x) from getting the
events that REALLY matter (Mac and Windows Firefoxes appear to be let
through). If it isn't just me, how did you guys get the judo
matches/plan for the upcoming taekwondo matches via your Linux boxen?

Fishing around on Google reveals that the broadcast servers of other
countries will not export to a US IP addy, as well as a discussion at
InfoWorld
(http://weblog.infoworld.com/stratdev/archives/2008/08/how_can_having.html),
in which one poster said that in the end, it really wasn't worth it.