Sasha R on 26 Aug 2008 06:54:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] pre-owned ThinkPads?

Get a T4x or X4x model. Those things are indestructible and amazing machines. The only thing you should have to replace is the battery. Unfortunately, you'll note that they still go for 300-400 bucks. For that kinda money you can probably get a brand new shiny machine, albeit of dubious structural quality from an offbrand or get find a deal on a lower end HP or something. Laptop prices really have come down. BTW a T42 runs compiz just fine.