Stephen Gran on 3 Sep 2008 05:00:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Digital Mistakes & PLUG Business

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 06:19:19PM -0400, Casey Bralla said:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 10:11:53 am Chad Waters wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> > > Right now the archives are open to every bot and search engine out
> > > there. I would like to see that changed in a way that would asure
> > > that only a list registered human was reading the information.
> >
> > A few years ago I made a proposal that email addresses be obscured
> > as I was accustomed to before I moved up here (
> > http://www.novalug.com/node/4 ). I would prefer it solely to offer
> > some protection against spam harvesters. It was received with mixed
> > results: I guess there are pros and cons to either side.
> >
> > Other than that, I have no problem with my posts being publicly
> > accessible, although I wish I could take back a few typos.
>
> I did not realize that my eMail address would be in the archive.
> Thankfully, I created a unique eMail account for this list.   However,
> I **do** strongly support obscuring **only** eMail addresses,

I acknowledge that there are lots of opinions about this issue, but
since this has already been decided ages ago, and is in the FAQ, can we
just get over it and move on?  It seems like recently the list is full
of rehashes of issues long since decided, and getting a little signal
with my noise again would be nice.

Thanks,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Your computer account is overdrawn.     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Please reauthorize.                     |