gabriel rosenkoetter on 28 Oct 2008 10:11:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Verizon ADSL outage?

At 2008-10-27 20:59 -0400, Floyd Johnson <fljohnson3@isp.com> wrote:
> If so, did you come away from their tech support with the impression the
> front-line personnel were, per Verizon policy and procedure, being prevented
> from processing the clues you provided, consulting with the
> WAN/telecommunications engineers, and giving the impression that they had
> (1) a few deductions (2) information to sate otherwise irate customers
> and/or (3) the knowledge/authority to actually fix the problem?

That's pretty much SOP for Verizon tech support. Every once in a
while you'll get one who is both nice and competent enough to
recognize that you actually know what you're talking about and
they'll leak a bit more information.

I didn't experience that this time, but I probably run to a
different CO (I'm 50 blocks east from you), and I have had similar
problems in the past. I get slightly more useful responses (and
slightly more prompt fixes) because I'm a "Business" customer,
though, which means that I get to ask questions like, "I need an
ETA for when service will be restored for that site."

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net