jeff on 30 Oct 2008 09:00:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Dishwasher

JP Vossen wrote:
> OK, OK, I know this is way off topic.

[omits off-topc rant about off-topic-icity]

> My reasonably fancy, stainless steel interior, Consumerreports.org
> recommended dishwasher (circa 2001 Kenmore (i.e. Whirlpool or GE) Elite
> 665.16912001) isn't working very well.  It leaves white residue all over
> everything and just generally isn't cleaning well.

I think I understand.

Tell `your friend' that he needs to see a doctor about his `dishwasher.'
It's perfectly normal and happens to all dishwashers after a certain
age.  Your friend just needs to take his dishwasher to the doctor for a
checkup.  Ok?

If your friend is curious, he can Google Benign Dishwasher Hypertrophy.

> PS--In the interest of full disclosure I'll note that the control panel
> buttons(?) simply stopped working one day in 2005 and had to be replaced.

Oh.  The `buttons.'
That's a different matter entirely.

Your friend hasn't been trying to push water through the output valve,
has he?  That's an additional complexity.