Michael Leone on 5 Nov 2008 12:16:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] the perpetual off-topic debate (WAS Fwd: Important notice ...)

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM, brent timothy saner
<brent.saner@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Is it necessary to make such a big deal about *1* email? Are you
> worried about the bandwidth consumed, or the disk apce consumed by it?
> It's 1 email, by a long time and respected member. It's not like he
> innundates the list with junk."
>

> without extenuating this thread even further (and hence me making a new
> thread, since it's beyond the subject of the OP), if you'll notice my
> wording:
>
>> i am unsure how the other members of the list feel, but i would greatly
>> appreciate it if you showed restraint in the future and did not post
>> something like this again.
>
> clearly insinuates i'd rather this didn't happen AGAIN. he may not be
> inundating the list, but i'd rather it not happen again.

An argument that would have more relevancy if it had happened more
than *once* ... once, you cut the guy some slack, and just let it
pass. Twice or more, is a pattern, and a request to not continue makes
more sense ...

> for that reason, this is my last response to this thread. feel free to
> contact me off-list if you'd like to continue this discussion.

No, thanks. :-)