Art Alexion on 5 Nov 2008 12:27:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] the perpetual off-topic debate (WAS Fwd: Important notice ...)

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 3:08:26 pm brent timothy saner wrote:
> but yahoo + advertising? i'm really not seeing the relevancy there.

It isn't Yahoo and advertising, it's verizon email and advertising.  I don't
think I am the only list member that (1) has a verizon account or (2)
supports a small site that uses verizon as an ISP.  And if list members post
from a verizon account /this list/ is going to see their advertising.

But that wasn't the point of the post.  The point I was trying to make is that
one of the two largest ISPs in the region are planning to inject advertising
into their mail, with the excuse of using it to boost services, while they
are actually concurrently diminishing services.

For those of us without T-1s going into our basements, this might be relevant.

I really hope this didn't bother anyone else.