Julien Mills on 12 Nov 2008 09:37:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] DNS problem

Jon,

> It looks like your web site is hosted at a company called Media Temple
> (http://mediatemple.net/). So, what's going on is that the site is
> hosted on a server with other websites. It's trying to read the domain
> name (www.amorosobaking.com) you're giving it to look up which website
> on the server to send back to you. So, by just placing the IP address in
> there, it's not going to know what web site to send you.
>
> If you're on Linux, add the following to your /etc/hosts file:
> If you're on windows, add it to your
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file
>
> "72.47.224.115 www.amorosobaking.com"

Yes you're correct about everything, and adding this line to
my hosts does work.  What I need to do is somehow get this into
my dns setup here so it'll work for everyone here.  And I think
the problem is with the fact that mediatemple is hosting multiple
websites on one IP, so I'm thinking I'll get in touch with them
about this.